1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Another turnover by Iowa QB Deacon Hill, this one at his own 2-yard-line. The game was realistically over with a 14-point deficit, but this clinched it.

There are dozens of reasons why Tennessee football is in a different universe than Iowa, but No. 1 on the list is the Vols have a backup quarterback who’s one of the best recruits in the country. The Hawkeyes have a backup who should be working behind the counter at Casey’s General Store — and apparently can’t find anyone better than him on their roster.

maumann and TigerVols like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The CFP, the WWL's proliferation of bowls and, now NIL, have sucked a lot of the romance out of the bowls for me.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And it makes me laugh when schools figure they hit the lottery playing in one of these NY6 or Jan. 1 games - but judging by attendance, their payouts will be meager since it usually depend on them paying full face for the overpriced tickets to these deals. I'm guessing at least $200.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Why not blitz if you can’t cover anyway LSU?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

LSU’s prevent defense will prevent them from winning this game.
    Mordrcai is looking like Dan Marino today.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mizzou sold out its ticket allotment in less than a day. Ticket/airfare/lodging "deals" were about $2,400 each. Depending on how many VIPs went on the university tit, Mizzou should at least come close to breaking even.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I don’t know. I am thoroughly enjoying bowl season

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Need a sinkhole at midfield in Pasadena in about 2 hours to make the bowl season complete.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So this Iowa squad is the third best team in the Big Ten? And Ohio State was second-best?

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Ranking Iowa in the traditional sense is like trying to explain an abstract painting.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hey Auburn, that is how you defend a fourth-and-25 play.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

LSU dumps the Wisconsin QB on three straight plays as the Tigers win in the fourth quarter.

At least the Badgers gave their SEC opponent a good game, because the other two SEC-Big Ten matchups are/will be blowouts. Bama will truck Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted