1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Lots of speculation in the world of online Hawkeye fans (an entertaining place to visit) that Ferentz senior might retire after this bowl game. If so, a rough way to go out.

I’m not sure who they could get who would do much better than Kirk, frankly. With the West Coast teams coming into the B1G and no more divisions, Iowa will struggle to win six games a year for the foreseeable future.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Up to the minute conference bowl records:
    Big 12: 5-3 *
    SEC: 5-3 *
    PAC 12: 4-3 *
    Big Ten: 4-4 *
    ACC: 5-6

* 1 or 2 pending
    Group of 5 is 2-7 vs. Power 5.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh to be sitting in the Barstool cave today when Alabama beats Michigan and to see the look on Portnoy’s face when he loses $1,000,000.
    I hope it’s on a last second fg or td just to add to it.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Even by local standards, Bama fans have been mighty cocky about this game. Only thing that makes me nervous.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Someone has a sock puppet here.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Did Clemson's Gator Bowl win redound to the ACC's or Big 12's credit (in your accounting)?

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I find it strange with all the bitching about how the portal, NIL, realignment and other changes are ruining college football that the most iconic bowl in college football history sticking to tradition and refusing to change its kickoff time is such a trigger.

And guess what, the view of the mountains, and the sunset, is spectacular.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For the record, LSU finished 12-1 against the Over this season.
    The only one it missed was against Georgia State (O/U 74, LSU won 56-14; it was the only time this season the O/U for the game was above 70), and even then it almost hit. Georgia State had the ball in the red zone with about four minutes left, turned it over on downs, and LSU ran out the clock.

playthrough likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Kayden Proctor back to being lost at left tackle.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Offense was never the issue for LSU.
    The fact that their defense would have given up 35 to Iowa might be an issue.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Michigan could not afford a single fuck-up.

Bama 7-0, game over.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I generally call for a pox on the houses of players who opt out of bowl games, but in Joe Milton's case, I'll make an exception.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted