1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"I used to like Springsteen until he got political and started shooting off his mouth about TRUMP."

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Aka his pathetic lies don't add up

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I saw somewhere that Bill Clinton will be unmasked as John Doe 36 in the forthcoming Epstein papers.

Why is no one talking about Trump being exposed in this thing? Didn’t he have close-ish ties to Epstein?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

With seafood, shellfish especially, it could just be some weird toxin that produces the reaction intermittently.

5. Starman

If clear cut evidence broke that Fatfuck had screwed 15 year old girls, the general MAGA reaction would be:

-- they weren't 12
    -- they weren't Russian
    -- they weren't Ivanky
    -- I heard Obumbo done it with white girls
    -- the media made it all up

6. Starman

Hey wait I hear on Fsux Fascist Screech Teevee every day the economy is in the most disastrous crash EVARRRR.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't feel like the economy is horrible, but I'm also a fat middle-aged white guy with a somewhat secure job, and my partner is a not-fat middle-aged white woman with a secure job. I've stopped trying to pretend what some poverty-level black guy living in a rural southern town thinks about everything.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Once the Orange Bowl became a farce I listened to the Wyoming radio network feed for their game. One of the regular spots was the Wyoming Mining Association touting what it was doing for the state “in these tough economic times.” They are absolutely committed to the narrative.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You'd feel a helluva lot differently if you were a [ANTICOLONIALIST] Studies BA with $60K in student loans and the earnings prospects of a gnat.

X-Hack likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You're right. Which is why I made the caveat I did.

(Although the kids I know who have journalism BAs with $100k in student loans and the earning prospects of a larger gnat can empathize with the [ANTICOLONIALIST] Studies grad.)

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Unemployment is pretty good and getting better. Interest rates are relaxing though not yet going the other way. Supply chain is much better. Gas prices are stable.

The problem is things are good but it is still very expensive to get housing and groceries are still high. Until low-end wages match what people are paying at Walmart and interest rates make it easier for people to get into housing again, people will be sour on the economy.

I feel very lucky I have a great union that has fought to keep my wages ahead of inflation, but I know other teachers who have to threaten a strike to get a decent COLA.

Draft saved Draft deleted