1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Typical energy-company propaganda, spouting off how all their jobs are so vital even though they are destroying the environment and turning western Wyoming into a huge Superfund site. Like West Virginia mining companies basically saying black lung and poisoned waterways are the price you pay for having a job.

The Rockies are sponsored by some energy company that brags about supporting "Colorado values," whatever the fuck they are. My wife and I have a good laugh about that one while listening to games on good old KOWB 1290 AM, one of the more old-fashioned and enjoyable things about spending time at our TV-free cabin.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The idea all the “Epstein evidence” is going be revealed has been floated for years. I’ll believe it when I actually see it. And whatever it might be likely isn’t going to be the smoking gun for anyone but the Qanon types.

The being said, anyone of any political stripe who is proven to have committed crimes involving Epstein should be held accountable.

As for trump, the usual caveat applies. Nothing matters. There could be verified proof that be committed acts of pedophilia and it will be somehow explained away. And he won’t lose any support. And he’ll continue to be treated as just another candidate. Because nothing fucking matters.

I don’t say that as a defeatist. He can and must lose again. But it’s just the reality the Dems continue to be up against. Fighting a cult is hard.

matt_garth, FileNotFound and wicked like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Perspective is a wonderful thing.

I think we can all agree that the mid-late 1990s were a booming economic time in America (accounting for the 1,528 Ragu caveats).

Mortgage Rates Drop (Published 1997)

30-year rate today is 6.99% . . . lower than at any time in the 1990s.

Have the past two decades of phony interest rate manipulation skewed our perspective that much, or are houses just so damn expensive today that you almost need 1-3% rates to be able to afford them?

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As long as they don’t go back on my 2.65% refi, I’m good.

MileHigh and Driftwood like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Johnny Gosch case is still open; a Des Moines paperboy who mysteriously disappeared 41 years ago.

There's much prurient speculation but no definitive proof of what happened to him, but it turns out that there really was a professional procurer to the 1% who clearly, whether through blackmail or just kickbacks, had a lot of shady money, and that the 1% in question were people whose formal politics were, supposedly, quite various, but they all got together at the panderer's for good times...and used their power to try to protect themselves by protecting the panderer, who turned up dead after it was no longer possible to avoid legal consequences. There really was a massive creepy sex pervert rich people ring, it wasn't just some evangelical fever dream about the elites. Deepens the widespread belief that the very rich are complete monsters, absent further evidence to the contrary. Or not.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I should say it’s way more expensive than it had been recently. Much less expensive than the 80s. But when other costs are high for people on lower incomes, housing is still bad.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I got locked in at 2.75% when I moved nearly three years ago. I'm good.

Driftwood and Webster like this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I don't think that is an acknowledged thing on the right, at all.

The late '90s were so fukin tight fiscally the newspaper industry was thriving. And they still pile on Bubba.

these gop assclowns simply cannot do political economy.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A bigger shitshow than the SOTU when Rush got the Medal of Honor?

They seem to be banking on the courts allowing it to be televised, which I don't think is gonna happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted