1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not publicly. But they know how their investments did.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not sure I trust Rolling Stone's reporting any more, but it's certainly not a leap that the plan is to inject utter chaos and bullshit into the proceedings. It's standard in the trumplican playbook. And I agree, I don't think there will end up being cameras in the courtroom. I think there should be, as it's a matter of high importance to the country. But I don't think it'll happen. Assuming there's actually any criminal trials before the election.

It's the same reason Steve Bannon suddenly wanted to appear, live on TV, in front of the Jan. 6 committee. He wanted chaos. That's all those criminal pricks want. They know they can't win on facts. Hence, the zone has been flooded with bullshit since 2015.

matt_garth, Slacker and HanSenSE like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the next time a SCOTUS nominee comes up for a confirmation - instead of kicking over rocks and looking for scandals in their past, or controversial views - go back to their Law Review days or other papers they have written and try and find some instances of plagarism - seems to be the "nannygate" of the 2020s.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

News about the plagiarism was broken by the Pulitzer winners at the Washington Free Beacon. At least it wasn’t the Gateway Pundit.

5. Deskgrunt50

Was this out there and I missed it? Maga Mike Johnson really going to have to work with Dems to get anything done, considering his gang of idiots who just wants to blow it all up. Of course, Maga Mike might be in the camp of blowing it all up, too.

From MSNBC: Republican Bill Johnson just submitted his resignation to the House of Representatives — effective Jan. 21.The Republican majority will then go to 219, meaning Republicans will only be able to lose two votes.

garrow likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This is what the Gaetz/MTG caucus wants — to burn the whole thing down and hold everyone hostage while doing so.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Illness or hooker or Larry Craig?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Leaving to become president of Youngstown State.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This guy is in a very safe Republican seat. I guess one can dream.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

One thing the Blue states do a terrible job of is building new housing.

sgreenwell and wicked like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

There are way more negative repercussions for leaders at private colleges that affect a tiny percentage of Americans (.21 are Ivy League alums, according to a recent WaPo estimate) than at SCOTUS or in the field of presidential contenders.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

California passed a law in the last 5 years that basically guts local growth control measures. As a result, my local berg has been building like crazy and pissing off the local know-it-alls.

Draft saved Draft deleted