1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Amen

franticscribe likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Tennessee is actively trying to discourage people from buying EVs.
    Never mind the fact that Ford is building "Blue Oval City" in the state to build electric trucks. They are investing about $6 billion in the state and expecting about 6K jobs.
    State annual vehicle registration is about $28.
    Starting Jan. 1, 2024, EV registration is $200 per year; by Jan. 1, 2028, it goes to $274 adjusted annually thereafter for inflation.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Is that for all vehicles? Registration for a 1998 Corolla is the same as a 2023 Mercedes S Class?

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Maybe they should send that work to another state.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

Another bone-headed move by DeSantis and his henchmen in the State Legislature. Last year they passed a bill to enact Form 6 for elected officials, effective 1/1. It requires they disclose every source of income greater than $1,000, every single asset they own (includes their home(s), cars, jewelry, stocks and bonds) worth more than $1,000. So far the mayor and entire city council in Reddick have resigned; officials in Manatee County and Orange City have quit, also. All this information is held on a state website with full public viewing access.
    This is burdensome for some town councils in low-income areas around the state that are paid nothing for their service.
    So far I see some 70 officials from 36 towns and cities have resigned.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know it's under construction and all, as is Amazon City in downtown Nashville...but I'm not holding my breath on full completion of either.
    [​IMG]

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The MAGGAT government will simply appoint district commandants.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That's what you get when you dial M for Murdoch

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

$8 million, pfft. $8 million in $100 bills fits in a medium sized duffel bag available from Monkey Boy Mnuchin. Carrying weight 8kg = 17 pounds.

It's highly likely Fatfuck and his minions were looting $8 million out of the government about every 30 seconds while he was in office. (And yes, including duffel bags full of bills.)
    Anybody who would believe otherwise is delusional -- they'd have to believe Fatfuck would decline to do it "because it was wrong."

matt_garth likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It's a convoluted system that works like this, and yes it's a flat (regressive) tax.
    The state gets $28. Each county sets its own wheel tax. Mine is $57, so my total bill is $85. Adjacent counties are all different.
    It doesn't matter if you are a high school kid working part time and driving a 1987 beater or the millionaire in the 2024 Ferrari, you pay the same for annual registration.
    "It's fair! Everybody pays the same! If you raise property tax a tenth of a cent, these deadbeats get off free!"

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted