1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

MAGA/ Tea Party Nation is real big on flat taxes because "they're equal for everybody."

So Balthazar Billionaire pays 0.000000003 percent of his income in flat taxes while Joe Lunchbucket pays 35 percent.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Yeah I grew up on BET, VHS and PB&J, fool.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I think you missed a decimal place.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I went to know what the resigning officials are hiding.
    Not kidding here.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

On the other side of this, what better way to clear out some local officials and install people who might count votes the way you want them counted. Democracy’s rot starts local.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep. Nonetheless $8 million in $100 bills would be about 176 pounds, which would fit in 5 decent duffel bags.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What's the penalty for non-compliance? That dollar amount's pretty small ...

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Math skills match reasoning skills

doctorquant likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The value of the car should not matter. Gas/registration fees go to fixing and improving roads. A 2024 Ferrari does not cause more road damage than an 87 Camry, so it should not cost more to register.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The problem is that money doesn't go directly to infrastructure. It goes into the county's general fund. It's not intended to, but it does.
    So the high school kid pays a heck of a lot more in terms of percentage.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

First of all, EV owners should pay more, because they aren’t paying gas taxes to contribute to upkeep of the roads.

Second, I am stunned that the cost of tags has gone up a whopping five bucks in 30 years in Tennessee. (And I was fortunate to live in a county with no wheel tax.)

Draft saved Draft deleted