1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ross Douthat will stop by next hour to explain why this is BAD FOR BIDEN

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The household survey showed a loss of 683K jobs. ... but in the hands of the BLS, that turned into a gain of 216,000 jobs. It's beyond farce what they do at this point.

Following the usual pattern of the charlatans running our government now, more downward revisions, of previous numbers that were "bad for Biden" in the past.

They know that brain dead people who think "bad for Biden" is funny will parrot whatever nonsense they put out, but when they revise downward months later, nobody will be paying attention.

You know why it is bad for Biden? Because people recognize the realities in their lives, despite others (some of whom have no clue what the actual report said this morning despite the spin around it ) telling them not to believe their lying eyes.

3. The Big Ragu

4. The Big Ragu

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

True unemployment rate! Man ... hadn't heard that one since 2016!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

From the report, this is the part that's interesting to me:

In my neck of the woods (well, actually orchards and hop fields), the amount of H-2A workers keeps increasing each year because there aren't enough domestic workers to take the ag jobs.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

2-liter diet soda now $4 at Publix.

Just another 14.3% price hike in this 3% inflation universe.

I may never buy anything other than Diet Dr Thunder ($1.42) again.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have no idea what a gallon of milk costs, but I never spend more than $3 for a two-liter of Diet Coke - gas prices are down sharply despite Middle East turmoil, I have noticed price increases on products (that I no longer purchase) - and I've always thought the employment totals were "inflated" by people with second jobs, I've known a few people working more than full-time - hell, I've been working a ton of OT - mostly because its available and the money is good.
    There is ample evidence that companies are padding their bottom lines with price hikes well beyond inflation costs.
    Do I wish I were further ahead? Sure. But there is work out there. We avoided the recession we were supposed to be in by now - that's all I know.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

So far.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Publix is an IGA with a shoeshine.
    It's perfect one or two things you might need, but don't buy your weekly groceries there.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I only buy marrow bones for dogs there.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Peter Schiff, notorious gold bug and podcast host.

Draft saved Draft deleted