1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree with you there. I did something similar on another board.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I appreciated this reply

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’m sorry I think I’m missing something here. They don’t care about plagiarism but they want to attack plagiarism?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

"Well, ya know, that's just what we do down here. We compare mental health with cancer. That's what we do in South Carolina, and Georgia, and Alabama, and it's all in fun."

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Let's imagine that a Black (or otherwise "marginalized") public figure/intellectual is tagged with the "advanced degree from Ivy League school" label, and someone says, rightly, "Well, actually ..." I suspect there'd be a much different reaction around here and elsewhere. Remember how outraged were those defending Doctor Jill Biden and her ... ahem ... groundbreaking scholarship?

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

“Ted—he shouldn’t even exist,” Trump has fumed, according to a Times source. “I could’ve destroyed him. I kind of did destroy him in 2016, if you think about it. But then I let him live.”

So, "dictator for only one day," right?

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think if you appoint yourself the Avenging Angel of American Higher Education™ your academic bona fides are fair game. That said, the Rufo story is from last year and hasn't hurt his "credibility" any.

And it seems to me the kind of resume plumping he engaged in crosses all boundaries of race and class. Everyone does a little of it.

As to the plagiarism, what ever happened to this guy? Or this guy?

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh, they're fair game, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about how the "Well actually ..." bit is received.

Azrael likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No one likes the "Well, actually" guy. Under any circumstances.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The thing about that gotcha. ... Harvard Extension School is obviously not as selective as Harvard College or any of the grad schools.

But it is Harvard.

https://extension.harvard.edu/about... accredited,of the Harvard Alumni Association.

We are a fully accredited Harvard school. Our degrees and certificates are adorned with the Harvard University insignia. They carry the weight of that lineage. Our graduates walk at University Commencement and become members of the Harvard Alumni Association.

franticscribe and FileNotFound like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted