1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I went to the first HoF Bowl, Maryland vs Minnesota. It was quite cold that night at Legion Field.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If it weren’t for the fact no one is getting up early to watch a mid major bowl game, the Jimmy Dean Sausage Sunrise Bowl would be a great marketing opportunity

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Is it possible that no power program wanted him? If so, did they all pass on him after next to nothing of a sample size?
    I’m so confused. I thought Stars Matter was the one irrefutable truth in the world.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

You would think the No 1 QB from a year ago with full eligibility would be wanted more than to end up at Boise State

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He had shoulder surgery after high school and was 3rd string at USC this year. Your recruiting ranking only means so much.

He may have been able to go to a bigger conference and fought for a job. This way he has a pretty easy route to a starting job and four years of eligibility. He could still end up at a P5 school before he's done.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Well, Dan Mullen answered my question about how far Florida State would drop in the final rankings. I imagine the Seminoles can move up after Monday.

@CoachDanMullen
    Final top 10
    1. Michigan/Washington
    2. Michigan/Washington
    3. Florida State
    4. Texas
    5. Alabama
    6. Georgia
    7 .Oregon
    8. Ole Miss
    9. Missouri
    10. Ohio State

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If Dan Mullen thinks FSU is the third-best football team in the country, it says a lot about why he's no longer coaching at Florida.

swingline, HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I covered the first HoF Bowl that was in Tampa (Georgia vs. BC). It was a pretty good time, with a lotta local folks really going out of their way to put on a show. One of the preliminary media events was at a Hooters, with James Brown (Good God!) providing the entertainment.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2021 Rose Bowl was played in Arlington because of the pandemic.

Batman likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How was the sunset?

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Today. Right now as we speak, they MIGHT be the third best team in Florida.
    Do you think that if they played tonight, would they beat Miami or UF?
    Who else in the state would they beat?

maumann likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There actually was a pro wrestler named Ken Raper, and that was his legitimate name. He did occasionally use other names in the ring,

Talk about your unfortunate names.

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2022/01/25/memphis-veteran-ken-raper-dies/amp/

Draft saved Draft deleted