1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

UF, UCF, Miami, South Florida, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, Stetson, Webber. And anybody else I missed. Best of a bad batch.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

UPChip and Neutral Corner like this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It'll always be the Beef O'Brady's Bowl to me...

tapintoamerica likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the Bluebonnet Bowl?

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Transitioned into the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl when it moved indoors, then disappeared.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I can't imagine you interacted with the fanbases.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I didn't, but I'm curious as to why you say that. I've never had any sense that either school's fanbase is unusually bad.

8. justgladtobehere

"How do you know a guy went to BC? He will tell you within five minutes of meeting him."

BC people are insufferable.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My mind exploded when I learned the Bluebonnet bowl wasn’t sponsored by a butter-like spread.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ah, I see.

Sort of reminds me of this (likely apocryphal) board meeting in Durham, N.C., during which the Duke marching band passed by in the street down below. "Folks, let's pause in honor of the most religious people on earth," said the meeting's chair. When folks were puzzling over his comment, he laughed and said, "They worship one another!"

11. justgladtobehere

In Massachusetts you see vanity plates with "BC 12" or something similar. I joke that there must be fights at the registry for who gets those plates.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

BC fans set what has to be a record at the Cotton Bowl for Flutie's last game. About 30 of 'em got arrested for D and D inside the lobby of the Loew's Anatole Hotel on New Year's Eve. They didn't even get to go out to get busted!

justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted