1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

She’s been a disappointment. You absolutely have to demolish the total bullshit “hostages” line.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

During my orals (not my oral defense) one of the examiners was pestering me about a particular point about which he knew nothing. I tried multiple tacks, reframing, etc., but the examiner (let's call him "Franklin") would not be satisfied.

Finally, another examiner, who did know a good bit about the particular point, had enough. "FUCK Franklin, how many goddamn times does this fucking guy have to tell you you're wrong?"

Other than Franklin, I was the only one in the room who didn't laugh ... but oh Lord I would have if I could have.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What % of tenured faculty nationwide would be called into question if subjected to an inquiry, do you think?

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

everybody has a limit with babies/toddlers - my one axiom of dadhood

Slacker likes this.
  5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Looking online for any video of Boebert punching her ex in the face as is being claimed on X beats watching the Vikings

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The entire Harvard thing is a distraction ginned up by the right to distract from their presidential candidates’ completely out-of-touch platforms and their leader for the nomination being completely senile.

Can we move on? Good. Glad we could come to agreement.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Something like Gay has gone through? I don't know ... I'm always surprised when anybody does it, because the risk/reward ratio seems so out of whack: tremendous downside, zero upside. Then again, like a lot of folks 'round here, the idea that "I've gotta write a bunch of words!" ain't intimidating in the least.

I would dismiss instances in which people have "plagiarized" boilerplate stuff that: 1) you can't help but write similarly to how someone else has written it; and 2) isn't really part of the research contribution.

Given that ... maybe 5%? God, that sounds high, but it's probably too low. There's a particular stream of doctoral students coming out of my (former) department that, given my familiarity with their skills AND their main advisor's cavalier attitude about such stuff, it wouldn't surprise me if they're at NINETY FIVE percent.

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

WOTS she was pretty handy with a clenched fist.

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  9. Starman

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I guess we can’t move on.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

NBC is a stenographers convention, not a journalism outlet, especially on MTP.

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Starman

We could move on by planting a boot on these fuckers' throats.

Draft saved Draft deleted