1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I Can't Believe It's Not ... Sponsored Bowl

swingline and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Driskel's QB rating at the moment (5.39) is more than 10 times higher than the Iowa quarterback last Monday. :)

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I first read that as the group was arrested in a D and D lobby and thought it was appropriate for BC fans.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Please let me be the only person who saw "D and D" and thought Dungeons and Dragons?

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Coffee cup with two women on it.

“We go together like drunk and disorderly.”

That has been in my kitchen.

maumann likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nope.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

If you're from Boston, you know what a 'd and d' is immediately. That it was in reference to BC fans, was especially Boston.

maumann likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I tend to think more on the line of PI (public intoxication).

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

You have to hear it coming out of some cop or court clerk from Dorchester (more likely the kid of somebody who grew up in Dot). 'Drunk and disorderly' has it's own special tune.

10. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

A little late to the thread. But when I was at baseball camp in HS, there was a kid who's last name was Dick followed by one named Dike followed by one named Dingman. So the coach, would call the roll and a few kids would chime in when we got to "Dick" then a few more at "Dike" and everyone would scream "DINGMAN!!!!" Coach tacitly encouraged it. The three of them hated that.

11. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I don't see much BC stuff at all. I have one of my degrees from there and I've lived here for 30 years and BC football and basketball has zero following beyond students and alumni -- nobody else cares (despite the huge Flutiemania buzz during what now seems a blip in time -- I was a kid in Michigan, but my relatives were here and my cousins became BC fans for a minute or two). Nobody else really buys their merch either. As for BC hockey -- college hockey is very much a niche sport. There's similarly no buzz around the famed Beanpot that goes much beyond students and alumni at the 4 schools involved. I will say there's a decent tailgate scene outside Alumni Stadium -- the alumni who host tailgates and support the team are usually pretty well to do and put out nice spreads.

Boston really is not a college sports market.

12. justgladtobehere

There are two different aspects. One is just annoying BC grads in general and the other is the fans. The latter got screwed with the move to the ACC. BC has been spectacularly bad in the ACC. The general decline in Massachusetts prep sports hasn't helped BC.

Draft saved Draft deleted