1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've heard the same criticism of Andy Reid and Mike Tomlin and neither complaint is without merit.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Better than a torn labia. (Ouch.)

As for the Cowboys, anything other than an NFC Finals appearance is gravy.

Octave likes this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The Browns broke so many players they didn't care if he was one more on the cordwood pile. Like that Hillis guy they ran into the ground after one or two seasons. Stefanski should not be coaching professional athletes.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I can’t keep track of the stupid Kevin Stefanski takes on this board. First he doesn’t play Nick Chubb enough. Now he ran Peyton Hillis into the ground nine years before he became coach.

Meanwhile he’s the first coach since Marty with two winning seasons in his tenure.

rtse11 likes this.
  5. outofplace

I don't get blaming Stefanski for every stupid thing the Browns have done, but there were times he hurt them by not running the ball enough.

6. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I thought the Hillis thing was kind of odd too. My beef with Stefanski isn’t really with him at all. He’s a puppet, doing Berry’s and (mostly) DePodesta’s analytics-infused bidding. Can’t respect a guy who doesn’t call his own shots.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The reason why anyone should take Pittsburgh and the points isn't the Steelers, it's the Bills.

CD Boogie likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, I think very few coaches these days operate completely free of all influences from GMs or owners. They're all "puppets" to some degree or another.

wicked likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It depends. Each organization is a little different, but each has someone who has the lion's share of the decision making process. I'm pretty sure Andy Reid calls most of the shots in Kansas City. Howie Roseman runs the show in Philadelphia. Jerry probably personally manages the guy who paints the lines in Dallas. Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch seem to have a smooth worrking relationship with the 49ers. And of course, Belichick has total power over the team in New England. That's why he's in so much trouble right now.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep. Nobody else to blame anything on.

11. outofplace

Sort of because the Bills are a team that can self-destruct, but the Steelers are also a team that lives off other team's mistakes.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Speaking of such, speculation continues to run wild that Mike Vrabel and Ran Carthon can’t share their toys nicely, which is why you keep hearing about a possible trade with the Patriots.

Draft saved Draft deleted