1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

@OscarMadison, does that mean we club them?

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So why keep it secret from the White House and, by extension, the American people?
    upload_2024-1-9_11-27-38.png

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Think of it as their own personal Vietnam.

(Letter asking to create a scholarship in the name of friend who worked in clinic to save people who would not do what they needed to help keep themselves safe from COVID came this morning. I wish I wasn't still angry about this. Tangentially, this makes me feel like burning my bras and my filter. Rawr.)

Note: Just as
    blue is used to signify sarcasm, I'm employing Hilltopper Red when I'm being less reasonable and all about my fee-fees.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

@HanSenSE could it be either a stopgap to keep that person safe while in a vulnerable position or possibly a way to avoid more "Look! They're all sickly libtards who can't govern!" barking from the Right?

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I mean, maybe being in a proxy war in two different countries may have contributed to Austin not wanting to tell people he'd be on a table at Walter Reed under general anesthesia for a few hours.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Careful, you're on the verge of belaboring your seals point.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

they should be made to pick fruits and vegetables. We used to have a civilizing mission in our country.

or that sorry ass from classical myth who had to carry the containers of water with holes in them and try to get them to Spot B without spilling- for eternity

Oscar is a good Roman who lives in bad times.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

I suspect that the court will turn this around quickly. The judges know that delay is the objective, and the arguments are extremely weak. I doubt that it causes the trial to be delayed.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

My prostate cancer biopsy came back positive in 2012. The urologist was warming up the da Vinci robot for me, but I got a second, and a third, opinion. Those two docs told me to just monitor the cancer's progress. Almost 12 years later, at age 70, my somewhat enlarged prostate is behaving itself, and I'm glad I didn't get buffaloed into having it removed.

I'm a little surprised that Austin went under the knife at age 70. It's not risk-free surgery, despite the description as "minimally invasive." It's damned complicated, with all sorts of work around nerves that, if damaged, could leave the patient incontinent. And infection is always a hazard.

Of course prostate cancer can be deadly. A friend and co-worker had a prostatectomy when he was about 50, and his cancer had spread beyond the organ when surgeons went in. My unqualified opinion is that younger prostate cancer patients should be ready to take more aggressive treatment. But, at 70? Hm.

11. Neutral Corner

upload_2024-1-9_14-16-32.jpeg

OscarMadison, I Should Coco and qtlaw like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted