1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Cute. Overly simplistic with a tad of ignorance, but cute.

X-Hack likes this.
  3. outofplace

How many Ukranian journalists are terrorists, too? I don't know the exact number, but some of those journalists killed in Gaza were Hamas or helping Hamas.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

“It’s not just that we’re experiencing Jewish hate in NYC public schools, we’re actually experiencing Jewish erasure. And here is proof of that,” said Tova Plaut, a New York City public school teacher for pre-K through fifth grade.

[​IMG]

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So because “some” were “helping,” that’s justifies all the dead journalists? And what is helping? Because the media organization was affiliated?

There’s a lot of the justification of what Israel is doing that sounds oddly similar to the Bush era wars.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

Prove it.

This.

7. The Big Ragu

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That’s ironic

dixiehack likes this.
  9. The Big Ragu

Only ironic to someone filtering me through their lens.

I don't have a dog in their fight. ... other than wanting people to evaluate various claims skeptically and based on reality.

The Israeli's say something. ... and the person I was responding to automatically types "bullshit."

Not, I'm skeptical. Hmm. They say they have proof, let's evaluate it.

It's just "bullshit."

Yet, some organization -- whose motives you don't question -- puts out a release saying, "The Israeli's have killed X journalists," and you are comparing the situation to Ukraine, which is NOTHING like what is happening in the middle east.

Hamas says all kinds of things. There is ample evidence that they call fighters "civilians," and then it's, "The Israeli's are killing civilians."

This is not a clearcut "bullshit" narrative where you have good versus evil.

But what amazes me is that with the history of the conflict, where the Arabs in Palestine would not settle for anything except, "River to the sea," and STILL will not accept Israel's right to exist (their schools teach their children that killing jews and Israelis is virtuous) that Israel gets absolutely NO benefit of any doubt from some people. That doesn't mean accept anything they say without any skepticism. But at least evaluate it on its merits.

outofplace likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This could just as easily be turned around ... because "some" weren't "helping," the killing of any would be unjustifiable.

11. outofplace

If you are comparing the numbers without considering that part of the equation, you are just looking for an excuse to take another swipe at Israel.

12. outofplace

LOL Seriously? Prove they are targeting journalists. Based on the available information, you can't.

Draft saved Draft deleted