1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Pour one out for Vrabel. 27-30 straight up as an underdog. Third-most profitable underdog coach in NFL history.

MileHigh and playthrough like this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Wild-Card round home dogs of 3 points or less… 18-7-1 ATS last dozen years.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Applies to Houston and Tampa this weekend.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

But QBs making their first playoff start against playoff-experienced QBs are 17-35-1 ATS since 2002 and 17-36 SU. Erases Houston. Also applies to GB, Miami, and Pittsburgh.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like Tampa for a lot of reasons -- most notably just how banged up Philly is. Can't say the same for Houston. We saw that game a couple of weeks ago and it was non-competitive.

But more importantly, Green Bay and IUPUI are playing a matinee here at noon, and your boy has taken a nice little faded down GB -5.5/O130.5 parlay to entertain himself at work.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This feels like it could be a generally uncompetitive weekend. I think Browns-Texans will be good, but Tua in the cold in KC? At least most of us won't be able to see it. Bills-Steelers could/should be a real dud. I'll always err on the side of trusting the Cowboys to find a way to fuck up a good thing, but they theoretically should roll the Packers. Rams-Lions could be a lot of fun, or Jared Goff could do what he did the last time he played in a playoff game. The Bucs won't win by a thousand :D but they should win comfortably over the packed-it-in Eagles.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Cal State Northridge is 12-1 against the spread this season. The Matadors play at UC Davis as a 4.5-point dog tonight. Do with this info what you will.

EDIT: Northridge is 12-1 ATS. Minnesota, which plays tomorrow night, is 14-1 ATS.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    poindexter likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My buddy who is a CSUN alum asked me to bet CSUN on Dec 22 matinee vs Montana State. Cal State Northridge was under my radar, I didn't even know they had beaten UCLA at Pauley the week before. They covered that day.
    We are betting this one. I got +5. Could not find any injury news on them this morning.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The San Jose Sharks are in another tailspin and playing at Montreal tonite. Habs aren't great but it's a chance to bet against SJ without laying a huge price.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Seek help, sir.

(thanks, gonna tail this)

MileHigh likes this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Helluva story. Maddening how regulations vary by state. Here in Indiana I wouldn't have gotten paid, in New Jersey they say (insert Jersey voice) "Fuck you, pay up."

The bookies have enough money to pay people to watch every corner of their sites for imperfections (and all the Discords and places where gamblers talk). A 13-minute error is crazy negligence on their part and they should have to honor everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted