1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Season 6 of The Crown is very solid. I no longer picture Prince Charles as Jimmy McNulty.

I Should Coco and garrow like this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Loved it. Everyone in it was great. Wonderful story.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Netflix has the story of the Fukushima disaster called The Days. It’s not as good as the Chernobyl series but it is very compelling. It is very obvious who they are blaming for the disaster and who is being lionized. The acting especially at the start leaves something to be desired but the main characters are good. It is one of those times I wish I spoke many languages so I could appreciate this in the original Japanese.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think it was fine. Didn’t love the liberties which they took with the can’t be disproven Dodi-Diana conversations before they died and I hated the ghost of Diana stuff. The show has hammered the same themes since they first season but it is always well acted and they handled the close to current times material far better than I thought.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Fargo is so fucking good.

Hamm and Juno? Perfect.

Also, this must be terrifying to watch for women who have been abused. Hamm’s walk to the shed was amazing. Cutting sound when the pictures were shown.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Absolute must watch.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have to tell you, Shotty, I find half the menu items presented in Food Paradise to be downright disgusting. Just wretched excess on a plate.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can acknowledge that. Chuckle.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

HBO has canceled Julia and Our Flag Means Death

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fargo, Ep. 9, very sublime.

Can't wait for Jodie Foster in True Detective, Season 4(?). With her in it, I know its going to be compelling.

Tighthead likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted