1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Texans owner fighting claims she needs guardian

I would have bought it when Cal was clearing out all of his dad's cronies with Easterby running things, it was such a weird franchise - but with Ryans and Stroud now?

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Cleveland Browns have found a playoff opponent with a more dysfunctional ownership? That seems impossible.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Buffalo Bills game moved? The NFL says no | wgrz.com

A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Erie, Genesee, Wyoming, Chautauqua and Cattaraugus counties from 10 a.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Monday. Per the NWS-Buffalo office: Heavy lake effect snow and very strong winds expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 feet in the most persistent lake snows. Blizzard conditions will be possible at times, especially Saturday night and Sunday.​

Woot! Football weather, baby!

Keep it on the ground and the Steelers got a chance bc Buffalo’s run defense allows 4.6 ypc, the most of any playoff team. This Pitt team is constructed to win such a game.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for this kind of scene:

Meanwhile, you have to love football fans. Emergency management officials warn people not to stay outside in Kansas City because of life-threatening wind chills and 70,000 Chiefs fans will be there from noon to midnight. Blizzard in Buffalo? Bills fans will set themselves on fire to keep warm and sell the place out.
    America. Fuck yeah.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This would be such a classic Bills way to go...red-hot team, taking on arguably the worst team in the field and they lose in a blizzard at home.

6. DanOregon

Its been such a weird week - seems like the Wild Card games have been on the back-burner with the crazy sports week of the National Championship game, Saban, Vrable, Carroll and Belichick and now DeBoer leaving UW. Oh yeah, there are NFL playoffs this week.

The way some of these teams limped into the playoffs - it could be ugly.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If ever there was an argument to shorten the season, the weather may be it.

misterbc, FileNotFound and BTExpress like this.
  8. CD Boogie

I’m willing to live that.

9. DanOregon

It isn't like the NFL hasn't floated neutral site playoffs before...

You could still have somewhat homefield advantage by letting top seeds play in a dome closer to them (LA, Vegas, Dallas, Indy, Minnesota, Atlanta, New Orleans, Detroit) - I do find it odd that there isn't a dome in the Northeast at all outside of Syracuse.

10. CD Boogie

Love it. I was 50 yard line for the whiteout blizzard conditions of the Tuck Rule Game, when Brady fumbled (shaddup, I know…) and the Pats’ dynasty was launched. Good friend was a Pats season ticket holder and took me and another friend. I was actually rooting for the Pats bc, well, till then they were the Patsies and they presented a more favorable matchup than the Raiders, who were damn talented on both sides of the ball. Never imagined the route the Pats would take to the SB. It started in the snow…

wicked and Batman like this.
  11. CD Boogie

Because Syracuse is the only good college football city in the northeast?

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

It’s 10 in Kansas City right now. Tomorrow at game time, it’s going to be 0. Tickets are going for less than face value on the resale sites, but even with those prices, it’s going to be about 50 degrees colder than I want to tolerate.

Draft saved Draft deleted