1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That was no blizzard, just a regular snowstorm. I was there, too. Blizzard equals wicked wind, which that game didn't have.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

TSwift gonna give her tickets to Kanye.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The JMA Wireless Dome seats less than 50K for football. Great for Syracuse but less than optimal for the NFL.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Because this is the first time it's ever been cold or snowing for an NFL playoff game?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I would take that, too. That could certainly even things up.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

An interesting thought experiment but not a particularly useful one. Moving the location of a playoff game is a significant competitive disadvantage to the Chiefs and is not logistically feasible (it's not like St. Louis would exactly welcome anything NFL with open arms), and rescheduling it is logistically not feasible and gives a significant competitive advantage to whoever plays the winner in the next round, nor does it appear that the weather is going to improve until midweek at least.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The two worst teams in the field are going to be playing at Tampa this weekend. The NFC South sucks and the Eagles have collapsed.

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I said ARGUABLY, you dickhead! :D

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

There are dozens of valid arguments to shorten the season. None will ever be heeded.

Liut, Chef2 and HanSenSE like this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It was definitely windier pregame in the lots, remember huddling around garbage cans under pop up tents. But yeah, not a blizzard in game. Obviously wind wasn’t a factor for that hump Vinatieri.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

"Many of them are not going to be involved in the postseason," Schefter reports.
    Well, yeah. That's true of every group of people in the NFL. I hear a rumor that many players won't be a part of the playoffs, either. Guess that's what happens when 56.25% of the teams are excluded.

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

And, shockingly, he argued. And not wrongly.

Draft saved Draft deleted