1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's 0 here now with -20 wind chill. I can barely let the dog out, much less sit through a game, even a playoff game.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love extreme weather NFL games. And I have nothing else to add.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I went to a Pats game back in the day at the old Gillette where it was so cold, you would get a hot chocolate, drink some and pour the rest over your pants to stay warm. I’m good watching from the comfort of my couch.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’m having flashback to when Tom Coughlin almost had his face frozen off

poindexter likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is that ESPN commenter aware that the only way reporters can report "private" conversations between two people is if one or both of them either told the reporters or blabbed about it to others?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think ESPN should offer a la carte pricing. I'm never paying 11 bucks a month but would spend $1 or $2 per story if the first 5-6 grafs intrigued me.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

$20 an hour? Righteous bucks!

I know two Bills season ticket holders who are going to the game from southern Ontario (and there will be thousands of others). Surviving the elements is half the battle (half the fun?) of a Bills game for the Mafia.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Can't wait for these extreme games!!!!

So we can watch the game's greatest quarterbacks perform like Zach Wilson!

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would so do that.
    Get all tanked up Saturday afternoon and evening. Take you a thermos of Hot Damn Chocolate (Hot Damn mixed with Hot Chocolate) into the stadium. Shovel snow til 8-9 in the morning. Crash a tailgate to get some grease in you. Take a nap somewhere. Go to the game.

I Should Coco, CD Boogie and Huggy like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s a Cleveland playoff game. What could wrong?

(Slideshow begins)

misterbc and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted