1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Aren't the Thursday night games only available on Amazon prime?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I got a Peacock sub last year to first watch Yellowstone and then to watch Tottenham (who will punch Man U in the bollocks tomorrow). If someone has a problem shelling out $6 for a playoff game AND can’t leverage that into binge-watching some great shows or movies on the app, then go fuck. Really, $6; people are unreal and just look to bitch.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    TigerVols and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The Ravens and Flacco always gave Brady fits in the postseason. Having watched Flacco for years against the Steelers, I have much respect for him. His defense did him dirty.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’m an EPL fan, so I’ve been in on Peacock since it started. They have some good programing. Watch Poker Face and The Holdovers.

CD Boogie likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's not even the first sporting event today that is streaming only. There have been a couple dozen college basketball games on ESPN+ and nowhere else this afternoon.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I know I'll catch shit here - but I don't mind sleepy nepo baby Noah Eagle. He's quiet, understated, and reminds me of a Sean McDonough with hair.

Zac Collinsworth I hate with the fury for 1,000 suns, and I honestly would love if he loses a limb to frostbite tonight.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did they really say that, or is that our resident exaggerator making things up?

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Holy shit did that make me laugh.

I was just coming here to say that I can't watch this game and think of anything other than how we agree Todd Blackledge sounds like he's shilling for cell phone plans for senior citizens. :D

poindexter likes this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I'd rather go to a sports bar and spend $75 on drinks/food to watch the game. /s

2muchcoffeeman and CD Boogie like this.
  10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Can I get that on a placard, fucker? :D

To be fair, I misheard it and they were just saying the first playoff game. So yes. I exaggerated. AGAIN.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My parents are the only people in America who literally cannot watch the game. They don’t have the internet. It’s them and the Amish.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's amusing how nobody wants to talk about the elephant in the room because somebody will call them out as a signal-stealer. But I know a healthy section of this board will be watching Chiefs-Bills without a Peacock subscription.

Draft saved Draft deleted