1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You could also fly to Rochester and bus in once the roads are cleared

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Play a bleeping 14-game schedule, no byes, start the first week of September, have the ONLY January game be a Super Bowl.

Sometimes the good 'ol days really were the good 'ol days.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Because being human makes me a stupid superstitious creature, watching any flight on Flightaware makes me magically think I’m going to make it crash. I refuse to watch flights.

wicked likes this.
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I'd wager that if the game gets pushed to Tuesday--and maybe even if it doesn't--the NFL will exploit the shit out of this by pushing the divisional round game involving the winner to Monday and put it in prime time. They'll say it's to give the Monday/Tuesday winner more time to rest & prep. They'll do it b/c they'll draw absolutely bonkers numbers in prime time Monday.

outofplace likes this.
  7. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

The radar says it all. Orchard Park is in the area south of Buffalo that usually gets pummeled with snow. Where Buffalo-Niagara Airport sits is out of that range. If they’d built the stadium in Cheektowaga instead, they’d be playing today.

IMG_3221.jpeg ]]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman and Hermes like this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I don’t think there’s a social media site/message board where a greater percentage of users have seen “Spinal Tap” than good old SJ.com.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That map perfectly shows the path of the lake-effect snow and why the Southtowns (which includes Orchard Park) are the snowbelt. The airport (in Cheektowaga, east of the city) and the city proper generally get missed when these huge storms hit. OP and the adjacent little town I grew up in get absolutely hammered.

11. Typist Clerk

Typist Clerk Well-Known Member

Rest easy. It's at the airport, safe and sound.

Hermes likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I take solace in the fact I at least recognize my irrationality.

Draft saved Draft deleted