1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is Fox still saying Tom Brady is going to be their top color guy next year? Its been weird how invisible he's been since signing that "contract."

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The playoff time where, every January, Mike McCarthy gets tighter than Jenny McCarthy.

3. exmediahack

Right?!? When he signed it, I thought it was just to keep him OFF CBS until he figured out what he wanted to do. A defensive move and not necessarily for him to even by their top analyst.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

And Olsen is so solid and has such a good chemistry w/Burkhardt. Brady is the dullest dullard on the planet. Does anyone see him doing the weekly homework necessary for this gig?

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is probably a plane en route from Nantucket to Arlington already.

wicked likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The first two TDs go to the guy who's probably the NFL's most underrated RB -- and a quality human being, from what I've heard.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Tua: Man, I really am the worst of both worlds...way too good a QB to allow a team to tank its way to a franchise QB, but nowhere near good enough to win the Super Bowl.

Dak: Watch this shit.

Chef2, HappyCurmudgeon and swingline like this.
  8. DanOregon

I figured it was a "So What? I'm gonna date Tom Brady!" after Fox was jilted by Buck and Aikman. I just don't see him doing a game. You'd figure they'd be working him into their coverage somehow or some way this year.

9. exmediahack

We would have seen endless promos during the Thanksgiving or Christmas games to get the female casual “holiday only” viewers all worked up.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

When did it become SOP to catch a punt inside the 10? Drives me crazy.

11. DanOregon

Fun hack: Foz Sports gives you a one-hour free preview to allow you to watch a game before you have to log in to cable account. Just flip to a new browser and you get another hour.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its on over the air tv. What am I missing here?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted