1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Because the GOP race is an open one with many declared candidates. This guy is a no one whose entire campaign is why aren’t people giving me more attention.

You would be more credible as a poster if you worried about anything but perceived left wing bias.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

IMO, part of it is because Michael Jordan slammed Jerry Krause every chance he got. Sam Smith confirms this in "The Jordan Rules."

Part of it is because Krause broke up the dynasty after title No. 6. There was a perception, real or imagined, that he wanted credit for what he did and felt he was never going to get it with Jordan, Pippen and Co. and Phil Jackson on the bench.

And part of it is people who have grown to love cruelty, almost to the point of craving it.

A good friend of mine surprised me four years ago when I heard him say, "the cruelty is the point." Honestly, I felt like that was something bordering on subhuman behavior. But, four years later, I know how correct he was and is.

It would be embarrassing – if these so-called human beings were capable of shame.

Thelma Krause is openly distraught. Congratulations, folks. If you were truly as proud of this country as you claim to be, you would understand how collectively awful we come across when crap like this happens.

All because a narcissistic POS is trying to stay out of prison, trying to steal as much money and everything else as he can on the way out the door, and a television tycoon - who, BTW, you "America First" sorts, is NOT American - has put ad dollars first and brushed aside the truth and - GASP! - journalism to fan as much hate, fear and division as humanly possible.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The counter-factual was related to the 2020 election.

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

there's nothing conservative about destroying western democracy. You and your kind need to drop that modifier.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The counter factual is about something which didn’t happen. Just what the author speculated might have.

You are so tremendously concerned about media bias, but only coming from one side.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

My take: Bulls fans' disgusting booing had nothing to do with anything happening right now in politics, social media or society. Armour misfires when she vaguely suggests that it could be.

tapintoamerica and swingline like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I do not think MSNBC's refusal to interview Dean Phillips has anything to do with media bias.

I have many posts over the years about Fox News, which stinks.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Could he do just a cursory google search before whining about how mean the meanies in the media are?

If he did, he would’ve found out (since apparently he didn’t know) that “sitting Republican member of Congress” Mark Sanford DID launch “a primary challenge to incumbent President Trump” and was summarily ignored and/or laughed at, as Phillips is being now.

Webster likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Krause was an easy target. Belittled by Jordan. Big fat guy who didn't "look the part" of an executive.

The booing was despicable and indefensible. But should the Bulls be surprised? They really should have anticipated this. Maybe they did and they figured they had to do it because to ignore Krause would have been absurd. I don't know.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TBF, what Trump said was Carter was happy because Biden replaced him as worst POTUS. Had nothing to do with his beloved wife being dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted