1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Because Green Bay is the lowest seed, a No. 7. Therefore the Packers automatically get the top seed, which is San Francisco.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Fucking a, one more NBC game this season? Haven't we suffered enough?

MileHigh likes this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Had to make it up to CBS and give it the Sunday night slot.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

As a Bengals fan, I'm happy for other fan bases that end long suffering. Except Cleveland. They can keep sucking forever.

CD Boogie and MileHigh like this.
  5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I thought that, but there were brackets everywhere that looked static.

6. MileHigh

No kidding. Outside of the EPL, NBC does not do anything well when it comes to sports programming.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Couldnt be happier for Lions fans, who have suffered more than any other pro fanbase.

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Given how much Cincinnati sucks in every other way possible, I understand your feeling that way.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

My Tirico tolerance is at, like, negative-1,000. His quoting Eminem tonight was the last cringe-worthy straw. Could you be any cornier? He's a half-step removed from Boom Goes The Dynamite.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

As a fan of two teams, the Lions and Browns, I can tell you with great confidence that this is not close to true.

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I knew that it was the stat, but absolutely amazing to hear over and over again that the Lions hadn't won a playoff game since 1991.

We all likely complain about the lack of successes of our teams, whatever they may be, but that is just such a long time of nothing. And most teams that have droughts at least had some sort of success before that, and the Lions really haven't and definitely not in Super Bowl era.

It's only one win, but good for them. And they get another home game right away!

MileHigh likes this.
  12. MileHigh

He lives in Ann Arbor so he'll be soaking in all the Lions love this week. And he'll be on the Detroit game next week. Go away.

Draft saved Draft deleted