1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That place was horrible. I covered a game there on Christmas Eve back in the '90s. The field was mud and the weather was cold and windy. With the open press box we froze our asses off and had papers blowing away in the wind.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

RGIII's rookie season is still my favorite qb season ever (until his knee got murdered on that painted sand pit of Fed Ex Field)

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Just noticing Love's jersey doesn't have the "C". How many other starting QBs are not a captain?

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I moved to DC during the Joe Gibbs 2.0 era. I recall fans being pretty excited about 35-year-old Mark Brunell (LOL) possibly stabilizing the QB position.

I agree with poin — RGIII’s rookie season is one of my favorite single QB seasons ever, behind only 1990 Randall Cunningham. 2012 was a blast, and I hate the CommanderSkins.

Looked it up and they’ve cycled through 35 QBs in the 32 years since their last title.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Think about how Cowboys are stuck with Dak and GB gets to ascend with Jordan Love now. Sometimes karma is beautiful.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Sunny and 12 degrees an hour ago.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Jerry didn't want Dak in the first place. Jerry really wanted Paxton Lynch in the 2016 draft, but got outbid by Denver in his attempt to trade up for him. Then he tried to trade up to get Connor Cook, but the Raiders offered a better deal.

When that fell through, Dallas took Prescott in the fourth round.

Jerry talked openly about those attempted trades right after the draft, saying he thought he had the Lynch deal done and was "still mad about it." He said, "I probably should have overpaid" for Lynch.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Also in Buffalo.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Dak didn’t have a good game, but he had a great year. He’s good enough to lead a team to a Super Bowl. The bigger problem yesterday was the defense.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It's amazing how dumb he really is, at least about football matters.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm a Dak fan, but I was stunned yesterday by just how badly he could play.

Draft saved Draft deleted