1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't he be terrible in December and January? He learned from Tony Romo.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If that's why you think Jerry is dumb, then all the teams are dumb. Lynch went in the first round, and multiple teams were trying to trade up to get him. Dak didn't go until the fourth round, so everyone passed on him multiple times.

It's not like this is an exact science. Scouts are wrong about players all the time.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I lived in the area for four years when I was a teenager. My gather got tickets to RFK a few times. It was a good atmosphere for a game, but the facility itself was a dump.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Terrible" is one thing. That terrible is another.

Now I'm not one of these quarterback-first, quarterback-last, quarterback-forever folks. Because the defense has a helluva lot of 'splainin' to do, too. But Dak ... whoo lawd, that second pick ...

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

They are. :D

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Could be worse. You could be a Bears fan who thinks the team should keep Fields because someday he MIGHT be on Dak's level.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I thought Dak looked antsy in the pocket from snap one. He fled even when the pressure wasn’t there. It was bizarre.

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yeah but we already knew you were dumb. :D

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Bat-Man-

The Dave Campo-coached Cowboy teams were some of the worst in the league, miraculously able to string three 5-11 seasons together in a row. That begat Parcells, and then the fun times of Cowboy torture began.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Football stats can be really weird and misleading.
    Prescott threw for 403 yards and completed 68% of his passes. Sounds good, right?
    But oh, those interceptions, which led to a deficit, which led to responsibly permissive defense, which led to many attempts, many completions and many empty yards.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

When the Cowboys got run off the field by the Bills a few weeks back, there were some people on Twitter laughing that Dak remained in the game against third-stringers to get his stats (think he got to 300 yds & Lamb scored at the end). For those who watch him regularly, is he a compilah, as Mike Francesa would say?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's fair.

Draft saved Draft deleted