1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Got “Mad Ducks and Bears” by George Plimpton for Christmas and just started reading it.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine is at the game, he says it's just mayhem in the parking lot, in other words a regular Bills Mafia game day

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

You would think some of these lot have never seen snow before.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Well-said and another reason why I can't see Jerrah luring Belichick. It is a show, and the coach wearing a homeless fan's hoodie and mumbling with marbles about how they're on to Washington and insisting the owner shut the fuck up does not draw eyeballs. If Jerrah was self-aware, he'd realize the best chance he gets at experiencing another ring would be a complete reset of how he does things. Who knows, maybe last night was bad enough to do that. I doubt it though.

5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

My old man is in that book, which is a great read. He went drinking with Karras and Plimpton multiple times in the late-60s. Both are long gone and my dad is nearly 87 but can still spin a yarn about those days (I should probably get it on tape), while not being able to remember last week much. I think I read Plimpton's most noteworthy stuff before I was 15. Also knew Sidd Finch was a hoax before it appeared in SI.

FileNotFound, dixiehack and CD Boogie like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gutter likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Why on Earth Belichick would want anything to do with that situation is beyond me. I’d be shocked if the guy who is the least about the bullshit circus decides to plant his flag under the Big Top.

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I agree but you know he's on a fuck you tour and there's an equally high level of desperation on the parts of he & Jerrah. Belichick wants to obliterate Shula's record and prove he's not a FRAUD who can't win w/o Brady. Jerrah is 81 years old and surely wants another title to quiet the laughter aimed at him. Maybe Jerrah will tell Bill he'll shut the fuck up and disappear for a few years and to work his magic. The Cowboys are at least a good team, which can't be said for any other potential job opening outside of the Eagles. Of course, Belichick wanted no part of Bledsoe, who had some Dak-ian tendencies but at least had made a Super Bowl w/the Patriots. I can't see him liking Dak. But desperation makes for strange partners.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nantz said this. (I rewound to confirm.)
    "It's a Pittsburgh defense that has not allowed a single point over the past four games."

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Maybe the McCaskeys are just nice loyal people? And that’s not so bad. At least they’re not idiots like Tepper or Haslem.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Snowballs In Hell Game.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

What can I say, I enjoyed the hell out of that clickbait.

Worth it to see Black Eyed Peas rated below Up With People and for the line “We’ve seen the nipple and the damage done” regarding Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted