1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Have fun, Mason!

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Tomlin to the Cowboys.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Took Steelers +10, based off the idea that double-digit spreads are very difficult to cover in the NFL, and the weather might be an equalizer. One quarter in and the cushion is gone and I'm already giving up hope that it's ever coming back.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Typical 7th seed.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Steelers get a huge break.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the replay official was looking at. And we got no explanation.

JC likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

When did a player “ putting foot into the ground” become some new shorthand for running properly? Hearing more than just Romo using this trite term this year.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just a hunch, but probably the ball touched the Steelers player who was out of bounds.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

But the challenge was for the player not having possession in bounds, isn’t that all they should be looking at? Wouldn’t the Steelers be able to challenge if the original call was reversed?

I also don’t think it did, but it was damn close.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I went to a Nationals game there with my cousin and when we went to get a beer we walked around. It has a weird layout of the stands. In the outfield there were sections high up that were like the size of luxury boxes, but just had a few rows of seats. They were out of the way and nobody was there. If the view wasn't so bad, it would be cool to watch a game.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
    Octave and Regan MacNeil like this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Nice job tackling, Steelers. #FeatherCurtain

Draft saved Draft deleted