1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That show looks so damn good. Might have to sub to HGTV for a month or two to check it out.

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

On The Watch podcast, they said the screener of True Detective was great.

Loving Fargo.

garrow likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Julia was a hell of a show.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

ugh NO I love Julia!

5. Webster

Why are the (delayed) Emmy’s on tonight and not the Sunday before the Super Bowl

6. Webster

So far, good night to be a short woman of color on a sitcom.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Just the winners list, please. Don’t care about the pomp & circumstance.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The show rotates among the big four networks, so maybe Fox was contractually obligated to run it in a certain window. They didn't even have a show up for a major award, given how much they've gutted their programming after the sale of most of their stuff to Disney.

I kind of thought it was a fun awards, though! Anderson kept things moving, which left plenty of time for speeches by Ayo, Niecy Nash and others. I'm always more into that then the awkward comedy bits. Most of the reunions weren't anything special, but they were quick! And Applegate did great as the opening presenter. There wasn't much drama in the winners, but it's hard for me to quibble with those three shows winning almost everything. We seem to be removed from the times when a "movie star" can slum it in a show for a couple episodes and just win.

Side note - You could have give me a hundred guesses about what Applegate's Emmy was for and I wouldn't have gotten it.
    A guest appearance on Friends.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It was a decent show. The Emmy's flow better than the Oscars for me since I've seen much of the nominated stuff and there aren't categories like lighting and costuming, which are important to the industry but not to most viewers.

I can do without Anderson mom.

Nice In Memorium. They actually focused on the people and not the singers. Snubs included David Soul, Jerry Springer, Ryan O'Neal and Raquel Welch.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

How about that Ennis, Alaska?

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If I never again see Anthony Anderson in a latex suit, it will be too soon.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Quinta Brunson is amazing. If you haven't caught Black Lady Sketch Show on HBO, she just lit up Season 1 before leaving for Abbott. The BLSS showrunner and star, Robin Thede, is an amazing comedic actress, too.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted