1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I can play the "whatabout" game, too, you know.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't know that those states have disproportionate importance. I think they have disproportionate attention - which, if those states do a good job of staging the year before primaries (and they do) seems logical to me.

A national primary removes all value to, say, Obama's approach in Iowa. And it almost certainly would have guaranteed a landslide Hilary win. It dissuades people from running; how many candidates can afford to run a national primary campaign?

There are actually so many good things about how we do presidential elections that we want to blow up because Trump won once.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Oh, Chuckles will be replaced by an R, but that means he needs replacing.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Stop trolling. Go away.

Who's trolling?
    YOU.

Go away? Go where?
    Yes, go away. Tahoe is nice.
    But go away, troll. Go anywhere.

Fred siegle and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Good luck to any D running statewide in Iowa.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The first GOP caucus or primary needs to be in a lower population state so that it won’t be too expensive for candidates to spend more than $1,000 per voter.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Can he get to Tahoe in 15 minutes?

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It used to be — like, when the state gave its E.C. votes to Barack Obama, or Tom Vilsack was elected governor — that the eastern side of the state would cancel out and occasionally outvote the reactionary western side.

Now I don’t think there’s a single Congressional district the Dems even have a fighting chance of winning in Iowa.

The hard turn to the right by states I used to live in (Iowa and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula) is really sad and disheartening.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit where he goes, or if he gets there.
    In case of emergency, though, dial 1-800-HEY-TRUMP.

That guy fixes everything! ... And no recent rapey rapes, too! *

* RECORDS AND STATISTICS FROM THIS WEEK ONLY. ... OUTSIDE SOURCES DISQUALIFIED UPON RECEIPT.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He looks very bad lately. For a guy with such misplaced belief in his own good looks, he is so sloppy and unkempt.

Draft saved Draft deleted