1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

From your consistently whack point of view, I'm sure that's true. You probably think Watt has never delivered a cheap shot, too.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

PlayStation is whack.

3. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

'Sup, dude.

4. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

That 1982 playoff run was all I had as a Packers fan until I was drinking age. The Packers may have laid waste to the NFC North since, but if your formative years came in that era - the Packers were eliminated on the final weekend five times in my first 14 years as a fan - you appreciate everything that's come since, including the Love Jones combo of today.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I remember a joke from an early episode of "Night Court" where one of the defendants was a man who went into a coma in 1967 and woke up in 1987. The old bailiff Selma asked him, "So you don't remember anything from the last 20 years? Wanna bet on the Packers?"

As for the past 30 years, I'm not sure what's more remarkable — that they had 31 years of consecutive Hall of Fame quarterback play and might have stumbled into another decade of it; or that they only have two Super Bowl championships to show for it.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

UPChip-

Thank you for the correction. The strikeball seasons are easy to forget from a historical view. Forrest Gregg did not get much out of those Packers teams.

UPChip likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So is Tierra.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Thanks for the history lesson @UPChip I was a Packers fan growing up, but began following them when Majikowski was QB.

UPChip likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's Chilli - and its Wack!!!

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don’t see a fake slide.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I didn't see a fake slide either. It was at most a hesitation. Which is legal.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He slowed down and changed directions. Happens a time or two in the course of a football game.

Draft saved Draft deleted