1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

“True Detective” off to a good, mysterious and creepy start.

And I’ve been digging this season of “Fargo.” I love Chris Rock but that season never clicked with me and didn’t finish.

garrow likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fargo finale was not a mere formality. Not simple or boring.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The In Memoriam was about the best one I've ever seen done. The music and camera work was perfect, the segue to the Friends song, the open with Reiner and Struthers and Lear's hat - maybe "the list" of names added to the magnitude (jeez, 2023 took some absolute legends who delivered so many impactful moments in my lifetime), even the photos given the same treatment looked great. The applause for some....eh - I'd rather people just start clapping from the beginning and keep it going.
    I look forward to the SAG Awards in memoriam because there are a ton of "that guys" they include who you don't know their names, but you know their faces.

In Memoriam: 75th Emmy Awards

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

She's funny. Good call.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Caught this. Sort of half-watching but caught some funny bits. Tomlinson clips have been popping up on my IG. She’s definitely funny.

I never saw the Comedy Central show this was born from. There was some roughness to the format, like any new show. And and hour seems too long … might be better as a half-hour.

Basically, it’s stand-up comics riffing. Which is in my wheelhouse. I have doubts this lasts very long. Might have too narrow an audience. And the level of talent it attracts could be the make or break.

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Yes, please

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I might give it a shot.

garrow likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Is The Night Agent worth watching? Someone on a work call whose opinions I usually trust raved about it.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

And nothing like I’ve ever seen before.

Tighthead likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I believe it is a middle of the road action-thriller, so it kind of depends on where your bar is for that kind of content. It is on the long list of stuff for my wife and I to watch, if we run out of other stuff. Since my wife loved the latest season of Fargo, it got pushed back in the queue, since she now wants to try the movie and the previous seasons of Fargo before anything else.

Webster likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Indeed, it bordered on surreal.

Scout likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I burned through it a few weeks ago. It was … fine. I liked “The Killing” and “The Fall” better. Gillian Anderson, in the latter, gets better with age. Lordy.

Draft saved Draft deleted