1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

"Why did Mondale lose the race?"

"He threw his rod in the Ferraro."

Songbird likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Willy Wanka

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Trump's court cartoons by Christine Cornell are top shelf.

[​IMG]

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Simpering like a fairy as usual. America's alpha male.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

franticscribe-

Habba at one point addressed the judge as sir. She is another paid clown.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Life is so fokkin unfair, I mean quite frankly can you believe this.

Rode hard and put away wet. Someone give the stinky dog a bath today.

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a social analog to staring at an accident. That the nastier, narcissistic people we know have bought into MAGA does not come as a shock. Then there are the people who are now looking for ways to feel aggrieved. Maybe it's hearing people say the quiet things out loud. Those who have held out hope that we'd all grown beyond this are now seeing their worst fears confirmed.

It's like those camerapeople who get so focused on what they see in their viewfinders that the reality of the oncoming d-line or tornado ceases to be real outside of the frame until they feel the impact. We're chimping and seeing the mobs with pitchforks are right there and for some, it's difficult to parse as a part of reality.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    Deskgrunt50 and Webster like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This was an interesting chat with Conway last night after Trump Truth'd him bigly.

George was deliberate in the way he explained how EJC's lawsuit came about.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I played basketball with a guy who, for the past 20+ years, had an e-mail signature which said “I have to go back to work so that I can pay for an illegal alien’s health care”. That guy I knew would be full MAGA. What is depressing to me are friends who said that they voted for Trump because he would lower their taxes or because he would be better on Israel (whatever that means) but otherwise were fairly open-minded people on social issues. So many of them have gone fully conservative social warrior — banning books, anti-abortion, the war on DEI, etc.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Today's quote comes from former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Asked by a Brit TV network if he was planning a political comeback, Brown said, "I'm too old to be a British politician, and too young to be an American one."

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted