1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

1985. Broncos vs. 49ers.

4:20 mark.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Holy shit. I had never seen that clip, nor even heard of that incident.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Heard someone point out the other day that the amount of money might not be the issue. The people they're trying to recruit probably just spent most of the day digging out their own houses and driveways and are tired, sore and frozen. The last thing they want to do is go spend another eight hours shoveling snow. And even if they do, they still have to hope the streets are plowed so they can get to the stadium.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am positive that almost every home in the Orchard Park area, and I mean like 99 percent of 'em, has a big honking snowblower in the garage.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine has Bills season tickets in the upper deck. He was there Monday and said nobody had come anywhere near his section with a shovel or snow blower.Hhe said by the end of the game the stairs became extremely treacherous as they had got very icy during the game. Given the snow they are expecting this week who knows what it'll look like at Rich Stadium by kickoff Sunday night.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe borrow the seating tarps that used to cover the Jag’s stadium?

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ya know, this is actually a good idea if its feasible, since pulling snow off of a tarp should be easier than going through each individual row.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

But how? If it's got 2-3 feet of snow do you just let it avalanche down to the lower bowl and have even bigger piles there to deal with?

Why is this so oddly fascinating?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

In my best Jake Taylor voice, "tarp the whole fuckin' thing." All sections, top and bottom.

Shovel out the steps, then clear the upper sections down onto the lower ones, then clear those onto the sidelines.

playthrough likes this.
  11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

How many flaming shots would the Bills Mafia have to do before the residual heat melts the snow? Perhaps they should just move the tailgate into the stadium.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Thwy don't need snowblowers. They need flamethrowers.

misterbc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted