1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I know a guy who is a year younger than me. He is a full-blown MAGA Trumper. If they had pictures in dictionaries, his would be in there. That type. He dropped out of college after a semester "because it took me that long to figure out I knew more than them professors."
    He always says, "People need to work to pay for all them benefits for illegals."
    I've known him for 20 years, and his been on disability the entire time. His wife is from Turkey.
    I figure there's no reason trying to explain it to him.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Hey Fox News cries about how 40-something percent of people don’t have to pay any taxes and a bunch of listeners nod their heads and agree, not realizing they’re the ones Fox is bitching about.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We have this with my stepdaughter's one friend, who will occasionally spew the nonsense that flies out of her MAGA dad's mouth.
    Meanwhile, her mom is an immigrant from Peru and we're like *Jimmy Butler meme*

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So Biden can just order Fatfuck assassinated and legally, he's in the clear. Far out.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That's called, "pulling the ladder up after you." See also: Daffy Raffy Cruz

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He keeps making up issues and offering solutions. Just remember, they'll all be fixed in two weeks.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Melania Trump was here on a tourist visa and was not authorized to work as a model. Her parents came here because of the chain migration he constantly complains about. It doesn’t matter to him or his base.

8. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Not sure if they are doing this, but the Biden campaign should do everything it can to make sure young voters, especially young female voters, actually vote. It's possibly their best path to victory.

garrow, 2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If she was Manuela Trump, maybe. But she's not the kind of "immigrant" we need to keep out.

garrow and Webster like this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I have a MAGA older brother, and we were on a three-way text with my oldest brother about a car I just got, the weather in Tennessee and our old pets . . . and out of nowhere comes something about "the senility of Joe Biden."

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Those are the kinds of conversations that have made me lose my crap on people more than once.
    "Why? WHY? What does that have to do with ANYTHING?"

Draft saved Draft deleted