1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Hell we had a MAGA candidate who came to America on a refugee visa as a child running on the “we have to stop these refugees from coming here!” platform.

She lost, but there’s a real distinct lack of shelf awareness.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

My moronic half brother wanted to reconnect recently.

Me: So how’s it going?
    Him: Not great. Haven’t been working, but I have income assistance and insurance from the state exchange, so thank goodness for that.

Him: So yeah Dems suck. We just need to get Trump and Republicans back in there.

OscarMadison and franticscribe like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Some MAGAts are that obsessed by Trump. I wouldn't be surprised if they blame Biden for the light turning red when they're in a hurry.
    The schadenfreude when they come to their senses is going to be epic!

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was getting a fucking haircut (IYKYK) last week in my local dying mall. Early in my cut, the hairstylist’s teen daughter and a friend came in to visit for a few minutes, and after some bantering, the hairstylist gives her daughter some money and they leave.

I mildly mention how I have kids too, and raising teens is always interesting. The hairstylist first starts telling me about her kids (fine, not a problem), then switches into how their libruhl school has gotten rid of the football team because they think it leads to Neanderthalism, and how everyone plays soccer in their town instead;, then starts complaining to her coworker right next to her about how her eighth grade daughter had to do a book report about a book that included a transgender kid.

Not wanting to lose the remaining hair on my head to an annoyed hairstylist’s electric razor, I mostly kept silent. I did give her a $3 tip on a $22 haircut instead of my usual $5. All I wanted was a fucking haircut, not a fucking Fox News infomercial.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Why do the Fani Willis types and many other Democrats always step on their own metaphorical dicks? This should be an air-tight case. Instead we now have stupidity and the MAGAs victory-lapping over her stupidity.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've mentioned this before. I regularly have random people try to strike up conversations with me at sporting goods stores, hardware stores, farm supply, etc. It's pure Fox talking points.
    "Buddy, just because I look like you doesn't mean I want to hear your ill-informed crap."
    I get it. I could infiltrate a Trump rally and go unnoticed only by leaving several IQ points at the door. I would tell them to stop judging books by their covers, but they'd just try to ban or burn me.

Baron Scicluna and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I had a barber I really liked and even put up with him having Fox News on all the time. Whatever. I'm in here a couple times a year. Watch what you will.

I haven't been back since 2016 for obvious reasons.

garrow, Driftwood and Baron Scicluna like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sorry, I forgot about the SJ stylebook.

I denounce myself.

garrow, 2muchcoffeeman and swingline like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Y’all, while I sympathize with dealing with MAGA family (and hair stylists), I’d prefer that over watching my brother-in-law falling into the “Joe Rogan is a genius” mindset. He’s sharing reels on Facebook from weird accounts called something like “BillionaireMindset” that seems to exist just to share clips of Rogan, Jordan Peterson and Russell Brand.

Algorithmic content feeds are going to destroy this country.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Speaking of, I wonder what’s up with Princess Kate? My guess is some sort of organ transplant.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Same. They think every 40something dude in a ballcap (backwards or otherwise) wants to hear their crap take on the world.
    I am often paying these people for a service in the midst of their evangelizin', so next time I am going to immediately change the subject.
    'You want my opinion . . .' No. No I don't. In fact you can keep it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted