1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you like Brit crime dramas that are way better than Fool Me Once, check out Guilt, Criminal Record and Irvine Walsh's Crime. All are fantastic and not nearly as cookie cutter as most of the procedurals flooding Britbox and Acorn (I'm looking at you, revamped Shetland!)

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The lead in Fool Me Once is the 6 of all 6s, a great screen presence, but man did that show suck at various points. Like the quintessential trash TV watch that everyone is into for a week and then forgets forever.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you are talking about Brit crime dramas - check out Line of Duty. Every season is brilliant.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Oh man, you're not kidding, the smoke coming off the streaming video.....

[​IMG]

If that's a 6, the midterm was way too hard....

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    sgreenwell likes this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It’s good up until the finale. There’s a whole lot of “I’m calling bullshit” but the series overall is fine.

7. DanOregon

I liked Suits a good bit - hello Donna - but it always stunned me how many meetings they had with clients where Harvey or Mike would waltz in without a pen, without a pad of paper - nothing, no bag - and just talk - with no written record of the meeting. No steno. It really rang false to me.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The premise of the show is that Mike has a photographic memory, so that makes sense that he wouldn't take notes. But yeah, Harvey would have to, except in the cases where you wouldn't want any paper trail.

9. DanOregon

But you still write stuff down - if only for the billable hours.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ep. 2 of True Detective (Seas. 4) is so well done. Chilling, yet personal too, made me think I was in the cold Alaska darkness not knowing if it was 12 noon, lunch time, or last call time. Jodie Foster conveys so much with just her facial expression and intonation.

Conversely, I finished "Fool Me Once" on Netflix and .....not quite a waste of time but damn just empty in comparison. Probably seemed empty based on the cost too [relative to True D.]

garrow likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finished Slow Horses. Without spoilers, I thought that the parts of the first half of the last episode which didn’t involve Lamb was kind of silly and not in keeping with the rest of the show. Otherwise, a fantastic season.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted