1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Go to hell, Ron.

BitterYoungMatador2 and Webster like this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Meanwhile at a Chic-Fil-A near you:

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"I'm in the lead for president and this is the best I can get. Feels like a red flag." ---SNL Trump on his legal team.

One of the most true things ever uttered on a comedy show.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Desantis must have gone woke because his ass is broke.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Speaking of good-faith arguments...

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I honestly think people just didn't like him. They sensed the fakeness in him. The performative BS - and he has never been particularly telegenic or charismatic. Trump sells the hell out the same stuff - people BELIEVE he really thinks all the nonsense he spews. I don't think they ever bought the same BS from DeSantis. Another warning sign for any politician who tries to sell themselves as "TrumpLite." I can't believe Florida elected him twice. I'm sure all the people who funded his campaign with his pay for play policies are pleased he'll be sticking around. I don't know if he thinks he might be in-line for a cabinet gig in a Trump second term. No way he's qualified enough to be an AG, right?

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Torched?

She got DESTROYED. Wait till the end.

(well, she didn't get either; she got asked a good question and gave a politician answer).

justgladtobehere likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A whole bunch of kids in Africa are going to be enjoying their DeSantis 2024 shirts.

That is, until the shipment of 2024 Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys shirts come in.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

He beat Democratic challenger Andrew Gillum by a little more than 30,000 votes in 2018 (and less than 50 percent of the total vote), so to think he has some sort of mandate from Floridians is insane. He's a not-really-from-Florida Ivy Leaguer Tallahassee tyrant who gets everything rubberstamped from a do-nothing Republican state house and thinks he's some hero for taking on The Mouse, dismantling college boards and frantically crying "Woke!"

Florida has a history of politicians re-emerging from the swamps, but I can't imagine Rick Scott getting primaried by DeSantis and he'll get termed out in 2026. I'm guessing the local KKK needs a new wizard. Maybe his wife, who pulls Ronnie's strings, may try for public office.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The 2018 election was with neither candidate an incumbent. After four years in office --- including the entirety of the pandemic--- he got 60% of the vote.

Think Biden might like that kind of re-election non-mandate in November?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted