1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

On the one hand, I hear you. On the other hand, it's not terribly hard or a serious interruption to one's studies (or research) to check those boxes. I mean one two- or three-day training, the ability to compotently answer questions and a sentence in your statement of purpose checks those boxes.

I did a multi-day training, while holding a faculty appointment at a university that only gives DEI minimal lip service, not out of a sense of obligation but because it was something I wanted to learn more about. It was super easy to arrange, and I learned a ton. Certainly gave me the tools to discuss it in an interview and a certification to include on my CV.

Dog8Cats, wicked and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Congrats to your boy. How are his popularity numbers these days?
    Poll: Ron DeSantis among least popular Governors in America

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yes, of course it was inevitable that Trump was going to be the GOP nominee. I am just disappointed that the rivals didn’t stick around long enough to raise a lot of money that wouldn’t go to Trump

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So Gov. DeathSentence finished second in Iowa and didn't make it to New Hampshire. Has any other top-two Iowa finisher ever quit so fast?
    I was told that Ron would Never Back Down. Hmm.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Ummmmmm

matt_garth likes this.
  7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I graduated from college in 1978 with an accounting degree. Almost all my classmates were white males. Now I believe the majority of accounting majors are women. Do you believe this increased diversity has lowered the quality of accounting majors in general? Do you think any efforts to attract women to the field over the last 45 years were "woke" and a waste of time?

I know your taught business courses at a university but I am not sure what your subject matter was. I would bet that a lot more women study in that field now than when you were getting your doctorate. If you want to substitute your field instead of accounting to answer my question go ahead.

But this is an honest question.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    TowelWaver and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Desantis
    Ends
    Initiative

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Doctorquant
    Engages
    Inquiry

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'll address your questions in order ...

1) No ... and why on earth would you think I believe that?

2) No ... and why on earth would you think I believe that?

P.S. About the time you were a junior in college, my mother took a financial management degree and was* the first woman in S.C. to pass both/all parts of the CPA exam on the first sitting.

*It seems ... the records of such are kinda sketchy.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Because you started your first post this way. " If you're curious about DEI in higher education ... and why chasing it away ain't exactly the Klan rally some of you seem to think it is " I interpreted that as advocating the abolition of DEI efforts in higher education.

Congratulations to your mother for her efforts. I wish I could have achieved what she did.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted