1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A Florida columnist I read explained how DeSantis will return to his day job -- running Florida.
    "It will be like Dad's coming home from work in a bad mood and the kids are hiding in the closet out of fear."

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Casey DeSantis had quite the rep when she was doing TV in Jacksonville. She was co-host of a mid-morning show and was interviewing the Jax weekly newspaper's Arts and Entertainment editor about the upcoming concert/theater scene. As is frequently the case, this particular publication was an alt-weekly that often gave Republicans a hard time. During a commercial break she turned the publication to its cover story that offended her touchy right-wing Jesus freak sensibilities and she made a derisive comment and ripped up the cover in front of the reporter with a few smart-ass comments. Then they come back from the break and she's all sweetness and smarmy light. The publications' editor went to the station manager and she was forced to personally apologize.
    She's a Moms for Liberty Loon.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

today's going great on the campain trail

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

1. Stinky will name Tim Scott as his running mate. The Dems already have the woman on the ticket.

2. I live in a community with a lot of Indian immigrants and Nikki Haley looks nothing like them. I'd be questioning just how Indian she is.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

DeSantis is "the Great Santini."

WriteThinking likes this.
  6. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

"God made a fighter," indeed

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This came across my feed today. Looks like it's from late 2022,
    but I don't recall ever seeing it here. Anyway, it's Maher at his best,
    and it's maybe the best takedown of Fucko the Clown you'll ever see.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "NO. It is a trick question.
    Everything by Morrissey sucks."

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Randall Kennedy · Browbeating: Congress v. Harvard

The forced resignation of Harvard University’s president, Claudine Gay, on 2 January capped a ferocious and extremely effective campaign of intimidation and misrepresentation.

On 15 December 2022, Harvard announced that Gay would become its thirtieth president, the first black person to occupy the top post in the university’s nearly 400-year history. At the end of September last year, she was inaugurated to great fanfare. A week later, on 7 October, Hamas attacked Israel, killing some 1200 people and seizing 240 hostages.

On 8 October, a statement endorsed by more than thirty Harvard student organisations, and released by the Harvard Undergraduate Palestine Solidarity Committee, said that they held ‘the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all the unfolding violence’. Outraged critics claimed that the statement condoned Hamas’s actions, but their anger wasn’t only directed at the student groups. Harvard’s leadership was denounced for not immediately expressing the university’s solidarity with Israel, sending its condolences to the families of the 7 October victims and condemning the pro-Palestinian statement. Larry Summers, a former president of the university who himself resigned under fire in 2006, declared that ‘in nearly fifty years of Harvard affiliation, I have never been as disillusioned and alienated as I am today ... The silence from Harvard’s leadership, so far, coupled with [the student groups’ statement] has allowed Harvard to appear at best neutral towards acts of terror against the Jewish state of Israel.’

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"There's a great man, a great leader in Europe.....MOOOOOSSSSSOOOOOLIIINNNIIIII. I like saying that. Mussolini. Some people call him a fascist. I don't know what that is, but he's a strong man and it is good to have a strong man at the head of the country. Not like what we have now, ok? I'm not supposed to tell you Roosevelt is in a wheelchair....but....he is, okay? He is. New Deal? What's that? We're gonna have the coup deal. Okay? Believe me."
    ---Donald J. Trump, January 1936

SFIND likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is that guy nuts? De Santis is just going to be another loudmouth on right wing media outlets. There's already a surplus of those. He's got no upward path (termed out of governor, two incumbent Republican Senators both of whom hate his guts) to another elective office. If Trump loses this time, GOP won't want Diet Trump in '28. If Trump wins, his VP will be heir apparent. Time for Ron to cash in as a power lobbyist.

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted