1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think some folks might like Trump simply because he pisses off people they don’t like. And those folks really don’t like people who act like they’re smarter than them. It’s possible that Trump could boil a box of puppies and, as long as academic liberals or politicos on the Left are loudly outraged, it’s OK with Trumps base. It’s the old “I might not like his methods, but he gets results.”

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Amazing. I have a hard time believing the klan base of WWE would be upset by accusations of rape. In fact, such accusations are selling points. Just look at their boy who was ordered to fork over $84 million today.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's exactly it. That's what explains why they never give him up. The more he offends, the more they love him because they know that people with a conscience are appalled by him.

maumann and wicked like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not that their enemoies think they're smarter than they are (they are). It's that they know their enemies know they're just better people.More moral and above all, happier. That's what they can't tolerate.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Seems to me Abbott should be held in contempt of the USSC.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I guess Abbott/Texas have solved the Roe issue. Apparently we don’t have to bother with SCOTUS rulings any longer.

These are not serious people.

garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Seriously immoral.

garrow likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I guess a state wanted to say the 2A no longer applied to its territory - despite any SCOTUS ruling - Abbott would not rush to defend that state.

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted