1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If you want to sweat unders, the Blackhawks have been shut out four times in 13 games this month. In five others they've scored one goal. No Connor Bedard and overall suckitude.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

CSUN was 3.5 favorite at home last night to Cal State Bakersfield and lost outright.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Okay…

Ravens -2.5 First half
    49ers O29.5 points.

SGP. I usually avoid these. But …
    Ravens O23.5 points
    Lamar O66 rushing yards
    Mahomes O27 rushing yards
    +500

Ravens -2.5 first half
    Chiefs +1.5 second half
    under 13.5 4th quarter total
    +600

Cosmo, MileHigh and playthrough like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ex, when you get to your gambling state, I want you to bet for me. For real.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Last year I tried an experiment by putting small ($5) futures bets on most of the legit contenders once the playoff picture started to become clear around Week 17. I like to have fun with the Super Bowl and put most of my budget on props, so I figured having those futures bets in the bag was basically betting the money line with plus-odds and then I wouldn't have to worry about betting the actual game.
    Did the same thing this year. Got the game covered, but I'm not going to make any money on it. If the Lions or Chiefs win I'll break even. I bet the Ravens and 49ers as a hedge and will lose a little bit if they win. But hey, I can spend an extra $20 on prop bets, right?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

1-4 ATS in their last five. LOL.

Current hottest teams ATS (5-0 in last five) are Richmond (can't bet them since I'm in Virginia), Western Michigan, Bryant, and Valparaiso.

Today: Western Michigan is -3.5 at home against Central Michigan. Both are 5-2 in the MAC.
    Valpo is +3.5 at home against Missouri State.
    Bryant is +1.5 at home against Vermont. Both teams are 5-0 in the America East.
    Richmond is +3.5 at home against Dayton. Both teams are 6-0 in the A-10.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

@exmediahack, DM if you want to hear my idea.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Western Michigan L
    Valpo L
    Bryant L
    Richmond W

Long story short, seems wise to fade anyone on a hot ATS streak.

Also, my fun bad beat story of the day from yesterday. Grabbed Cal Baptist-Stephen F Austin O160.5 live at halftime. It got to 81-79 with 1:12 left. Need just one point. The final 1:12 featured two missed free throws, two missed jumpers and SFA failing to get a shot off on its final possession. Yay.

exmediahack likes this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Viva our second period pals, the Islanders & Senators! I had a $5 bonus bet to use last night so I parlayed Senators-Rangers & Islanders-Panthers all scoring in the second period. And they did!

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The books will catch up to a hot ATS streak. An outright win streak, they can't do much about.

Same with totals, Pacers are a great example. Started the season 16-2 to the over but are 11-18 since even though they still lead the league in ppg.

Cosmo likes this.
  11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Off my picks, be glad to didn’t ride em!

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted