1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Championship Game Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You're right, that was a bad decision. It was the kind of decision made when a QB decides he's gotta do it by himself. All Ravens not named Jackson had 9 rushes for 27 yards, so I get where he was coming from, but it's never good for a QB to think that.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just came to me. Know who has to be pissed the Chiefs won? Usher. He's gonna get less camera time than a singer who isn't performing.

playthrough and Hermes like this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Dan Campbell was right to go for it on every fourth down he did. But what the hell was that run call at the goal line? That was just faux-macho mentality bullshit.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Depends on your definition of “performing.”

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Not only that but three points in three quarters.

Once the scripted plays wore off, KC’s offense was toast.

The second half turned into each offense doing what the other team’s fan base wanted them to do. KC was running the ball, which strikes fear in the hearts of no one. Baltimore wanted to turn Lamar into Flacco/Testaverde, as every opponent welcomes the sight of him overthrowing receivers on 20-yard sideline routes.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I am not going to lie, watching my team win this game feels good. But dammit if I wish the other side wasn’t a darling of the year. I don’t care if his decisions were interesting at the end, Dan Campbell is a helluva coach and he believed in his guys to the end. If this game was in Detroit, I don’t think I’d be celebrating right now.

Nothing is guaranteed in this league, but I hope the Lions get back.

maumann, FileNotFound, qtlaw and 2 others like this.
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As I hit the button on Chiefs +420 at that exact moment of the Mahomes INT. I had bought myself a win (49ers money line +130 before the game) and covered myself just in case I didn’t feel like being out $400.

8. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

As a lifelong Packers fan, I know how Lions fans ... no I don't.

As a lifelong Packers fan, I hope ... no I don't.

Big Circus, Mr. Sluggo and Gutter like this.
  9. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

The worst takes going are the "Oh look at everyone overreacting to the fourth down calls when the Lions dropped a conversion pass, fumbled, etc."

You know? Sometimes both things can be true.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I know others have raved about this but I just want to add to the chorus and note this may be the funniest thing I've ever seen here.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

"Congratulations on winning the NFC."
    ("Congratulations on winning the NFC.")

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Next year’s season opener — KC @ SF?

Draft saved Draft deleted