1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Rationalization. The human species would go insane without it.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Rich people fly a lot. Very rich people fly private a lot. They are taken to task or ignored according to the observer's politics. Murdock is ok, Swift is not or Swift is ok and Murdock is not. There's nothing new about any of it. People who care would rather all sorts spewed out less hydrocarbons, people who troll are blowing smoke in big diesel pickups.

Pick your chosen target of opportunity and start pointing fingers.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Pretty hard to have worldwide concert tours without flying a lot.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Today, only a handful of people know what it means. And they're scared. Soon, you will know. The Jiiiina Syndrome.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Republicans buy concert tickets, too."

They are taken to task or ignored based on if they are pretending to care or not. Murdoch doesn't pretend to care.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Maybe all this Taylor Swift nonsense will finally be the thing that clues in the masses how ridiculous, craven and unserious these far-right loons have become.

They'll be something even more fucking stupid in a matter of days or weeks, so we'll see.

I know very little of Ms. Swift other than my niece is a huge fan. I can name a few songs, and she was good when she hosted SNL years ago. The far-right rage boners over her are next-level pathetic.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I am curious how much social media algorithms have played a part in it. She's a goldmine for defenders and haters alike. I wonder if Gannett's Swiftie beat writer is getting a Super Bowl credential?

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL

Slacker and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I can't name one song, I honestly can't. I don't know that I'm proud of it, but I really don't care either.

Some things flit thru our collective experiences - like the fukin Macarena. And then they're gone.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My track record should reflect heavily on the side of outdoor conservation. I'm am very much pro clean waterways, clear skies, anti-litter, etc.
    I can't get upset about famous people flying private. It's just not feasible. Not a hill I'm going to die on.
    If Taylor Swift is throwing plastic into my ocean, I'll cut a bitch.

swingline and Inky_Wretch like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted