1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Having flown on private jets a few dozen times, let me just say they are worth it. I’ll reserve a few dozen acres on the family property where I won’t cut down any trees or fill up the land as penance.

2. Inky_Wretch

You mean like mocking fake nudes of her?

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/fox-body-shames-fake-ai-taylor-swift-nudes

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They can raffle off Jon Voight's car to raise fine funds [/Seinfeld]

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes it is. But if one is really serious about climate change - Greta Thunberg serious - worldwide concert tours aren't that high on the priority list.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

“You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.”

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

From that Rolling Stone article:

“Another left-wing celebrity who is part of the Democrat elite telling you what to think.”

Turning Point USA founder and Trump ally Charlie Kirk warned that Swift was “going to come out in the presidential election” and “mobilize her fans,” adding that “all the Swifties want is swift abortion.”

Voters aren’t fools,” John McLaughlin, a top pollster for Trump, says, in response to Rolling Stone’s questions regarding Swift. “Celeb endorsements of Biden are like donating to Nikki Haley. They are a means of virtue signaling. It’s like wearing a medical mask in public after COVID …

Like, WTF? Are they deliberately trying to alienate an entire generation of women? My daughter is a Swiftie, so maybe I'm a little more sensitive to it, but I would think that's someone you want on your side, or at least not to alienate them.

Deskgrunt50, HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

We’re talking about Taylor Swift on two different threads. Guess that says something about her hold on pop culture.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I hope to goodness she comes out and endorses D candidates across the board in about September. That's early enough to register voters and late enough to prevent too much damage control.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

God forbid a pop star focus on her performance over the standards set by a world famous activist. Get serious, will you? I mean, there are plenty of times where your positions are worthy of serious engagement, agreement or not. "Taylor Swift is bad for climate change"ain't one of 'em.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Greta has narrowed her focus from the planet to from the river to the sea.

X-Hack likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Draft saved Draft deleted