1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taylor Swift - Super Bowl Ring?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Jan 28, 2024.

?

If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl should Taylor Swift get a ring?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, they can do that too.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Unless I really missed something, Barkley wasn't disagreeing with Costas.

Dyno likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't even think they're scared that Swift will endorse Biden specifically. But she'll use her platform to convince young voters to vote, and we can all guess who most Swifties would vote for. (Hint, it's not the fat orange clown)

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Scene from December 2024.

"We want everyone who owns '1989' to have their ballots expunged. They were clearly not old enough to vote."
    "Counselor, those born in 1989 are 35 years old."
    "Point of order, your honor, we are not debating their biological age. We believe the framers meant maturity age. Taylor Swift is just joe-average pop. The devotion she commands clearly shows her fans cannot tell the difference between quality and product. We believe George Washington would have been into indie bands, like, say, Collective Soul. Perhaps on his most adventurous days, Helmet, not pablum like Taylor Swift. Just like Donald Trump. He's into, er, Candlebox, a truly revolutionary band on the cutting edge, for Donald Trump would never, ever champion mediocre pop artists just because they might like him. Swifties are not emotionally disposed to decide matters on which our country rests. What say you, judge?"
    "What I say is that there's no proof Candlebox likes Donald Trump, nor Helmet or Collective Soul, so your assertion is false. On top of that? Candlebox sucks. As for the rest, I appreciate the grift of the counselors to make billable hours off of your idiot client. Dismissed!"

I Should Coco and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

She's getting the same treatment they give anyone or anything that threatens their 1950s world view, like Dolly Parton, USWNT, LeBron James, John McCain and Steph Curry, to name a few.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is odd that so many who weren't even sentient beings in the '50s still "hearken back..."

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Hearken means to pay attention. The correct phrase is to "hark back".

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was "this" many years old when I learned...... :)

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Starman

Hearken the herald angels sing.

swingline likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She endorsed Biden on Oct. 7 in 2020.

Do it when it (ostensibly) does the most good and limits the backlash.

11. Starman

Fuck the backlash.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It's not the backlash, it's timing it for the maximum impact w/swing voters and/or voters in that demo who aren't likely to vote otherwise. People will be thinking more about this in October than February. Hopefully by October, it's a fait accompli for Biden b/c Trump is in jail and the Republicans have resorted to running Randee of the Redwoods.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted