1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Springsteen single out today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, Nov 25, 2013.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Haha this is a great line.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

4. Webster

Pure Bruce and Little Steven genius.

Patchen, UNCGrad and Slacker like this.
  5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

The vocals on this are so, so good.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Webster

Saw that is mother passed away today at 98. The stories from the autobiography and the Broadway show were poignant.

He posted a picture on Instagram of he and his mother dancing, which was pretty sweet.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

One of Southside Johnny's best songs, authored by Van Zandt, and best albums.

Webster likes this.
  8. Webster

I’m not saying he could have been a superstar, but Southside should have been bigger. He has a great voice and, when he doesn’t get in his own way, is a spectacular live performer.

Fred siegle, Huggy and Neutral Corner like this.
  9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Reach Up and Touch the Sky is a great live album that not enough people heard. The version here of "Back in the USA" is one of the great Chuck Berry covers ever done by anybody.

Webster likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, seemed like they had a lot of bad luck and could never really break through nationwide. And it hurt them bigly when SVZ left.

The SSJ greatest hits CD is outstanding, from 74-82 they put out a lot of good music. "I Don't Want to Go Home," "This Time It's for real," "Hearts of Stone," "Love is a Sacrifice" and "he Jukes" are good albums.

I had no idea he graduated from high school with Vinny Lopez and Gary Tallent.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    Woody Long and Webster like this.
  11. Webster

I think he had some sort of medical situation just as he was promoting his first album, which never got off the ground. I have friends who will talk your ear off trying to convince you that he’s better than Bruce in concert.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted