1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Every minute? What's the fun in that? You're a slave to a clock every minute ... for 100!

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Living in a town that had several factories (pre-NAFTA), we have a few third-shift bars still holding on. We figured out between a couple bars having 5 am last calls and a couple others opening at 6 am, we could drink in a bar for 23 of 24 hours in a day. So we did. One beer, every hour, in a different bar around town. It got tedious.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

1-30: Child's play
    31-50: Taking inventory of how much or how little you ate beforehand
    51-85: Bulletproof
    86-100: You're living Interstellar's time dilation, where one minute to the rest of the world feels like three seconds to you

Octave likes this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I knew a guy who made it to 300. Promptly ralphed. With chix in the room.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

garrow and Driftwood like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

A case chase +1 in five hours? Any puking done past 150 isn't what I'd call "prompt." RESPECT.

FileNotFound, Octave and Cosmo like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The flip side of that is the Tennessee GOP is trying to pass a law that says anyone they kick out of the General Assembly can't be reappointed by the people of their district ... even though it would be a violation of the state constitution.

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Daniel Day-

With respect to all warriors, for the Club we were quaffing the lightest fukin shit we could find - something far south of Keystone Light in quality.

FileNotFound likes this.
  9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

This reminds me a little of Dan Jenkins’ stages of drunkenness.

One is “crank up the Enola Gay” and another is “fuck dinner”.

UNCGrad and dixiehack like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I mean - Spicer having to defend the sparse Inauguration Day crowd was obvious. You have to totally debase yourself - "burn the ships" of your reputation and integrity - and then you are all good. I've also seen how people who get bounced from gigs for bad behavior, whether its booze or sexual harassment, are when a buddy lines them up with a soft landing spot. In newspapers especially.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Transmogrification.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Dan, I have watched that also. The reclamation project doesn't come in with any sense of humility, either. There is another job waiting too after the next DUI.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted